Monday, March 15, 2010

Weekend Recap (a little late)

This weekend we had our sights set on making major progress in the kitchen renovation. Priority number one for me was to get the new faucet running so we could reconnect the water in the kitchen and do dishes and run the dishwasher. It turns out that while Danny is great at most home improvement related projects, he is no master plumber.

We went to Home Depot 7 times this weekend to get stuff to get the faucet working! 7 times!!!

At the end of Danny's hours of work we ended up with a drip free sink, a new garbage disposal, all new pipes underneath the sink and running water!





Due to our plumbing issues, we weren't able to start on getting the back splash up, but I was able to get all the bottom cabinets painted and the doors hung! Hopefully we can get the rest of the cabinets done during the week after work and next weekend we can focus on the back splash!

Sunday the girls and I went to The Grape for a Birthday brunch for Katie! The food was AMAZING! Kiki and I had the Belgian waffle topped with strawberries , pecans and the most delicious whipped cream I have ever tasted. Neither of us left any food on our plates! I will for sure be going back here again.

Anyway, Katie loves to cook so the birthday gift I got her was cooking themed. I got her a cute little robin's egg blue ruffled baking dish and I made her a coordinating dish towel with a K on it.

Here are the goods.



I have been wanting to start making cute dish towels for a while now so Katie's bday was the perfect excuse to get my craft on. I think my first project came out pretty well! I mean she can never wash it or it will probably fall apart but it is cute to look at!


All of my friends will probably be getting some of these very soon as I work on perfecting my skills!

1 comment:

  1. You are a busy little lady! I think we should invest in Home Depot stock! :)

    ReplyDelete