Monday, December 13, 2010

Bob the Builder (aka Danny the Builder)

I have a pretty awesome hubby. He has all sorts of tools and saws in our garage and actually knows how to use them to build stuff and tackle home improvement projects.

He redid our entire kitchen when we moved in turning it from shab to fab!

In a few weeks, he will be ripping out our master bathroom to give it a major overhaul. I didn’t want his building skills to get rusty so about a month ago I asked him to build me one of these.

I thought it would be the perfect addition to my craft room but I was not about to pay $300 for it and Danny and I think we can DIY anything. So, Danny got to work and built me one for $30 instead.

The benefit of having him make it for me, besides the money saving, is that he customized it for what I needed! The one from PB was only wide enough to fit the small wrapping paper rolls. That was not gonna cut it for this girl so he made mine extra wide so I could put my extra long rolls up there. Also, mine doesn’t have drawers on it like the PB version does. That is actually because he ran out of wood and I was impatient and told him I didn’t care about them so I could get that baby up on my wall but it worked out nicely because the spaces that would have been drawers are the perfect size to hold my glitter and craft paints.

So, with $30 and an awesome husband I have a new wrapping/craft station just in time to wrap all those holiday gifts!

He also built me this fabric shelf a while back that I love!


1 comment:

  1. ugh i'm so jealous! so lukcy that danny is so handy!!! great job customizing that for your own needs.

    ReplyDelete