Monday, February 27, 2012

Sugar & Spice & Everything Nice

That’s what our little GIRL is made of! Well let’s hope so at least! I was a little bit of a wild one when I was little so you never know haha!
We had our big anatomy scan this morning and were told that everything looks great and that we have a healthy baby girl growing inside my belly and we could not be more excited!!!
I had a feeling from the moment that I found out I was pregnant that this baby was going to be a girl.
I got pregnant about three weeks after my mom passed away. Even though it was sooner than we expected I knew how incredibly blessed we were to get pregnant right away since not everyone is so lucky.  The minute I read “pregnant” on that first pregnancy test I knew that my mom had her hand in this.
More than anything my mom wanted to be a grandmother. She bugged me about it all the time. She even sent me an email about a month after Danny and I got married letting me know that she was thinking about it and included a list of ridiculous names that her future grandkids could call her and my dad. She was too funny/borderline crazy. Anyway, when I saw that positive pregnancy test I knew that the first thing my mom asked for when she got to Heaven was a grandchild. The second thing I thought was, I bet she asked for it to be a girl.
My mom has a son and a daughter. I know she loved us both equally even though I always gave everyone a hard time and would say that my parents loved me more than they loved my brother.  My brother was my parents first child so he has that going for him but I was the baby girl and my mom always said that there was just something special about having a daughter. Maybe it was because my mom loved her mom so much and was the ultimate momma’s girl. Or, maybe it was because my mom was one of 5 daughters. Whatever it was, she just thought daughters were a special gift.
I would have been equally as happy if this baby would have been a boy. At the end of the day all I wanted and prayed for was a healthy baby. But, finding out that the baby really is a girl just like I thought it would be when I first found out about the pregnancy just makes me feel like my mom still has an active role in my life. It makes me feel like maybe it really was a little whisper I heard from my mom when I was looking at that positive pregnancy test back in November.
And now the fun begins! Time to start shopping for bows, tutus, and sparkles! I can’t wait!

1 comment: