Monday, October 19, 2009

Pumpkin Carving

Last night we had the 3rd Annual Pumpkin Carving Competition at my house!

We had Halloween treats like pumpkin roll, pumpkin empanadas, pumpkin muffins with whipped cream topping, mummy dogs, pumpkin ale and spiked apple cider. All soooo yummy!

The dogs ran around in their Halloween outfits while the rest of us carved our pumpkins.


Ender was a grey squirrel and pretty much hated life. He was too embarrassed here to even look at the camera!

Oliver was the cutest turtle I have ever seen. I don't think he even realized he had a costume on most of the time. That dog just loves life! He also loves this little lady.

Here is Ollie with his girlfriend Shiloh in her Halloween dress complete with matching bow.

This year we had some great first time competitors which included Eric and Lindsey, Jen, and Bear and Mallory.

The Freeds and Jen decided to go collegiate with their pumpkins.


I realize that this is a totally horrible picture, but here are the rest of the pumpkins from the night.

My pumpkin is the one on the far left and is a scary scarecrow. I won the award for "Scariest Pumpkin".

Jens UT Longhorn is next in line. She was awarded "Most Spirited"

Lindsay P. got "Most Improved" since last year she just cut a giant hole in her pumpkin. She definitely redeemed herself with this cute little monster.

Kiki is up next with her Piglet pumpkin. I am not sure what award she got for her pumpkin, but her pumpkin muffins she brought over were to die for and the favorite treat of the night. Therefore, I give her the "Best Baker" award.

Danny made the mummy face pumpkin which you can't really see in the picture, but he got the award for "Most Intricate Pumpkin".

And last but not least we have Bear and Mallory's Winne the Pooh pumpkin. They were declared the winners of the entire competition even though they took about 2 hours to finish it. It was pretty perfect though. I think Bear could make a career out of this. Last year he had to step in and MacGyver Lindsay's pumpkin with toothpicks after she cut out that giant hole and this year he carved the perfect Pooh.

After everyone left I put my pumpkin and Danny's pumpkin out on my front porch for the world to enjoy.

I am pretty sure these things will be rotten in the next two days or eaten by a wild animal but they were too pretty not to display!

Happy Fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment