Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Weekend Rundown!

This weekend was the much anticipated A&M/Arkansas football game at Cowboy Stadium. We have been planning for months to have a party at the Stanley's since Shellie and all of us went to A&M and Jon went to Arkansas.




So, this weekend family and friends from all over came over to take part in the not so friendly rivalry at the Stanley house! We had some seriously amazing food that day and some fun times with great friends. The Aggies of course disappointed us and lost. I don't even know what the final score was, but it was bad.



Sunday morning we were woken up by some super loud and bright explosions at 6:45. It turns out that the transformer (not sure if that is right) behind our house had exploded and set the telephone pole that it was connected to on fire. We happened to be looking out the back door the third time it happened and it temporarily blinded Ash and she then ran into the wall. I was ready to hop in the car and get outta there but we remained calm and called the fire department instead. Anyway, we ended up not having electricity until about 9pm that night. On the bright side, I took a 3 hour nap to pass the time, it was AMAZING!


On Monday (I know Monday isn't part of the weekend, but whatever), we went to the season opener for the Mavs. Danny and I won the tickets at a cancer fundraiser for our friend Fun Bobby since she is on a team that does the Lance Armstrong bike race. We bid $20 dollars on 4 tickets in the silent auction and actually ended up getting them! It turns out the tickets were worth over $500, what a steal! Fun Bobby and Kiki came with us and the seats ended up being really great! I am sure Danny wished there would have been another boy there since we basically chatted the whole time and then found the hottest players and cheered for them when we were actually watching the game, but he is always such a good sport!







All in all it was a good weekend/Monday minus the day I had to live in the dark.



Oh and today I start level 2 of the Thirty Day Shred, wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry we didn't make it to the party this weekend =( We talked about it and were pretty set on going until the weather stopped cooperating. But I've promised Victoria and myself that I will be making many more trips up to the Dallas area to visit, so hopefully next time we can hang out for at least a wee bit! Glad you had lots of fun =)

    ReplyDelete