Tuesday, December 8, 2009

"We"lationship's and Stuff

So, long time no blog. Not much has been going on around these parts lately. Well, a lot has been going on just not anything super exciting. I have finally had a couple weekends in a row where I didn't have to go out out town for the first time in about 5 months so I have been taking care of all the little things that have gotten pushed to the side.

Anyway, this weekend Danny and I had to attend an Engaged Encounter retreat. It is one of the things we have to do as part of our marriage preparation process. I honestly thought it would be a lot more interesting and helpful than it was. We had to write like 8 love letters to each other over the course of the weekend. That was way more than Danny and I can handle so we skipped out on writing the last few and just talked to each other instead. The funniest part of the whole weekend was when Danny wrote me a letter (by letter I mean 2 sentence paragraph) where he wrote something about us being in a "We"relationship. We thought it was super funny but that is probably just because we had been locked in a room talking about our feelings for 8 hours.

On another note, this weekend I get to see all of my best friends in the whole wide world!!!! All of the Dallas bridesmaids and Ash (the lone Houston bridesmaid) are throwing Danny and I a wedding shower over at Jon and Shellie's house and my besties from back home, Alexis and Erica, are even coming into town for it! All of my faves in one place! My mom and grandma are also flying up and Danny and I are taking them and his parents to see A Christmas Carol (the play not the movie) on Sunday night. Danny and I went to see this production last year and it was so good so I am excited to see it again. Hopefully it will put us all in the Christmas spirit!

Stay tuned for the cutest Christmas card you have ever seen!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah! Welcome back to the blog-world! :) I can't wait to see you Friday! And I want to hear more about this "We"lationship stuff...haha. Also...I'm checking our mail daily but no Christmas card yet?! Hope its not lost!

    ReplyDelete