Sunday, May 20, 2012

Belly on a Budget

Here is my first Belly on a Budget post! 

Friday - Work
Top: Target, $5 clearance price, regular size XS
Jeans: Joes Jeans (pre preggo) w/ my Bella Band

Friday

This is the perfect example of not knocking something until you have tried it. I was looking in the clearance rack at Target the other day and pulled this shirt out because I liked the color and the price. The only size on the rack I was looking in was XS which I thought would for sure be too small but I decided to grab it since it looked like a great top for a pregnant girl. It has rouching on the sides and the cut of the top of the shirt would be great for nursing. Turns out the top fit and was nice and long so it should be able to grow with me a little while longer. The online link to this shirt does show that it is on clearance so it really does pay to just dig around a little bit in the store! The jeans I have had since before I was pregnant but they have always been a size too big for me in the waist and they have a lot of stretch to them so they are still working for now.

Saturday - Running Errands
Top: Old Navy, $8, regular size S
Bottoms: Lululemon (pre preggo) yoga pants

Saturday

Hahaha, well, that is my husband behind me looking at himself in the mirror while dancing topless (at least he had pants on) and singing. He is nuts. Anyway, this was just a day of running errands and taking the dogs to the vet so there is nothing great about this outfit. I love these tshirts from Old Navy because they are so soft and comfy, they are long and they come in a bunch of colors. If you buy 2 or more at one time they are $8 each. I used to wear a size XS in these shirts, but I am getting S now for the extra length and belly room. The pants only fit me becuause they are totally spandex. I love spandex.

Sunday -  Outfit #1 (Church)
Dress: TJMaxx, Calvin Klien, $29, regular size 4

Sunday Church

This is one of my favorite new dresses. It is soooo soft and comfortable and it is in my favorite color! I have actually worn it three times (baby shower, work and church) in the past 2 weeks because it is so comfy. TJMaxx is such a great place to find dresses at discounted prices. I think the orginal price of the dress was $50.

Sunday - Outfit #2 (Ranger Game)
Top: Target, $6.30 clearance price, regular size S
Skirt: Old Navy, $19.94, maternity size XS

Sunday Rangers

I had to do a wardrobe change before we headed out to the Ranger game. I picked up this tank in the clearance section at Target since it looked nice and long and tank tops are going to be a necessity for the hot Texas summer. The skirt is a maternity skirt from Old Navy that I was wearing for the first time and it was made from the most comfy material ever.

Monday - Work
Dress: Old Navy, about $20, regular size XS
Cardigan: J Crew (pre preggo)

Monday

This dress was another thing that I did not think would actually fit me when I picked it up since it is a regular size XS. It was on sale so I decided I would give it a try. Plus, you never really can trust the sizing at Old Navy so I always try everything on. I was really shocked that it fit and that it was a great length even with a protruding belly. An added bonus is that black is slimming (right?) and it is a nice light weight material for summer! The dress has spaghetti straps so I threw a cardigan over it since I was going to work.

Tuesday - Work
Dress: Old Navy, about $7, regular size S

photo

This dress was a bargain and perfect for a growing belly! I went to Old Navy one day and they were having a sale where you could get an additional 30% off the clearance price. I really think the price on the dress was marked incorrectly when I bought it since the price online is currently $27 but I took advantage and snatched up the dress in this color and in a black and white pattern. The wrap style is perfect for my growing belly!

Wednesday - Work
Top: Old Navy, about $5, regular size S
Capri Pants: Macys, Destination Maternity Brand, $19.99, maternity size S

photo

This shirt is actually hot pink but looks way red in this picture. This was another thing I grabbed at Old Navy when they were having the additional 30% of clearance price sale a couple of months ago. It is is just a sheer pink top that still has plenty of room for my growing belly and for $5 I couldn't pass it up. I got the pants at Macy's back in March and love them. They are machine washable, don't shrink, pretty comfy and have done a great job growing with me. When I bought them I didnt really have much of a belly so I was unsure how much use I would get out of them but they still work great. I probabaly wear them to work at least once every other week if not once a week. Since I only have two pairs of maternity pants for work they pop up quite a bit in the rotation!

Thursday - Travel Day
Top: Target, $5.80, regular size M
Bottoms: American Eagle Skinny Jeans (pre preggo) w/ my Bella Band



photo(3) 

This is another tank that I found on the clearance rack at Target. I loved that the tank is nice and long so it should last me through the majority of my pregnancy. The jeans I have had since right before I got pregnant. They do not zip or button at all but my trusty Bella Band held those things up for me all day. I am hoping I can get at least one more wear out of them because I love the color.

6 comments:

  1. I really like both of the orange dresses. :) and yay for finding some super cheap peices at Old Navy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Old Navy is seriously my first stop when I am looking for something! I just can't pass up those cheap prices!

      Delete
  2. I love the wrap dress! You look gorgeous! I'm loving the baby bump fashion!

    ReplyDelete
  3. THIS IS THE BEST POST! I'm serious you could get famous for this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are going to HAVE to stop being so cute!! love those monday work shoes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are my new fave shoes Katie! I just never know what to wear them with so I always end up wearing them when I have black on!

      Delete