Monday, May 14, 2012

Happy Mothers Day To Me!

Yesterday I celebrated my first Mother's Day! When I mentioned something about a Mother's Day gift to Danny about a month ago (I will use any excuse I can to get presents) he made some comment about me not really being a mother yet since the baby wasn't here. I gave him the death look and he quickly said he was kidding, haha. I mean, I have been growing a baby for over seven months so I think I meet the qualifications for a mother.

IMG_5692

I woke up yesterday to one of my favorite breakfasts (french toast and bacon) and a present! Danny even sliced up some bananas and had the powdered sugar out to sprinkle on top! He is an awesome cook, so of course it tasted amazing.

photo4

And here is what my sweetie pie husband got me!

photo1.

I sent him a subtle email (by subtle I mean the subject line of the email said "Mother's Day Gift for Mitzi" and then a week later I sent him a link about free shipping from Kendra Scott also just to refresh his memory) about loving this Kendra Scott ring last month and he got it for me! Yay!

photo[2]

After church we went over to see Danny's grandma who just turned 90 in April and recently moved into an independent living retirement community with her boyfriend. Yes, she has a live in boyfriend and has for years. She is so awesome. We took over some fried chicken and had a yummy lunch and visited for a while.

photo5

We got home, relaxed and napped for a little bit and then it was time to get ready to head out to the Rangers game. Yup, I went to a baseball game on Mothers Day. It probably would not have been my first choice activity if I got to choose, but I really do enjoy going to the games and we got some pretty awesome pink Rangers t-shirts for free and we won the game so it ended up being a pretty great night spent with my Ranger loving husband.

photo3

I can't wait until next year when our sweet little Lily will be here to help us celebrate Mother's Day!

2 comments:

  1. what a great day!!! and so glad he got the ring for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a nice gift and mother's day!

    ReplyDelete