Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Oh Baby Baby - Week 28

28 weeks
How Far Along? 28 weeks…84 days to go! We are officially in the 3rd trimester! Woooohooo!!!

Size of Baby?  Baby is the size of an eggplant and now weighs about 1.5 to 2.5 pounds and is about 13.6 to 14.8 inches long. I had an ultrasound yesterday morning and this little nugget actually weighs 2.6 pounds. 

Maternity Clothes?  Nothing new. Just wearing my pre preggo dresses and the couple of pairs of maternity pants I have for work. 

Weight Gain? 14lbs

Gender? Girl! Liliana Adele. At the ultrasound yesterday I made sure to double check with both the ultrasound tech and the doctor that Lily was in fact still a girl. I was getting a little nervous since we had not had an ultrasound since week 18 when we were first told she was a girl and sometimes they can be wrong about these things! It is such a relief to know that we don’t have to return all of our pretty pink things!

Sleep? Still great! I have been sleeping so hard that most nights I only get up to once to go potty and a couple of nights I have not gotten up at all. That was unheard of even before I got pregnant!
Food Cravings? I really wanted a cupcake on Sunday night but that may have just been because I had one on Saturday from Society Bakery and it was so yummy that I had myself convinced I needed more. 

What I Miss? This is totally strange and again probably TMI, but I miss the days when the skin on the underside of my boobs did not touch the top part of my belly. Those two parts of skin are not supposed to touch! When I get home and put on my pajamas and take off my bra boob skin touches tummy skin and it sweats and feels icky. The only way to stop this from happening is to either wear a bra all the time (no thanks) or to just stick your tshirt in the crease between boobs and belly. It may not be sexy, but it does the trick.

Symptoms?  Based on the blood work I had done last week, I don't have gestational diabetes but I am slightly anemic so I am now taking an iron pill everyday. I have also been having cramps in my feet and toes recently.
Belly Button? Totally out
Best Moment of the Week? Getting to see Lily at my ultrasound yesterday and hearing that everything looks perfect! The doctor even said  that  I had a beautiful cervix (he sure knows how to make a cervix feel special) so the risk of preterm labor looks very small at this point. I am just praying that the next 12 weeks continue to go smoothly.

1 comment:

  1. woohoo! all good news... minus the boob/belly/skin part. yay for a great third trimester!

    ReplyDelete