Sunday, May 6, 2012

Brownsville Baby Shower

Last weekend I flew down to Brownsville for a visit with family and so I would be home for my mom's birthday. Since I was coming home, my mom's friends threw Lily and I a little baby shower!

All the ladies at the shower had taught with my mom for years at Vela Middle School. That is where I went to middle school as well, so they have all known me for about 17 years and most of them were my teachers at some point during my junior high years. Isn't that crazy!??! One of them also happens to be the mom of my bestie, Alexis. Alexis and I actually became friends because our moms introduced us to each other on the first day of 6th grade (and she has been stuck with me ever since)!

IMG_3815

For as long as I can remember these ladies have been getting together for what they call "Birthday Club". Whenever it is someones birthday, they all get together at a local restaurant to celebrate so that is what we did for the shower!


IMG_3813
IMG_3816

Let me just say, it was an explosion of PINK and Lily got some of the most adorable things I have ever seen! All things pink, ruffles, tutu, and girly are right up my alley so I just loved it!

IMG_3809

I wasn't able to fit all of Lily's goodies in my suitcase so my dad will have to bring the rest to me when he comes for a visit but here is what I was able to bring home with me.

IMG_5678
IMG_5677

One of the gifts Lily got was so special that I get teary eyed just thinking about it. Every year for Christmas my mom would get me a doll. When I was younger they were mostly fancy barbies but as I got older she started to get me Madame Alexander dolls. I don't really collect things because I don't like clutter, but I am so glad my mom started doing this for me. It was a special thing just between the two of us that means so much more to me now than I ever knew it would. Anyway, the last present I opened was from my mom's friend Anne and it was Lily's first Madame Alexander doll! It is a huggable baby doll that I just know she will love for years to come. I know if my mom were here that is probably the first thing she would have gotten for Lily!

IMG_5687

It was so nice to spend a few hours with my mom's friends. They are just such a fun, crazy and loving bunch and I am so thankful that we have them in our lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment