Monday, May 28, 2012

Weekend Sewing

This weekend I caught the sewing bug and knocked out 2 projects that I had been wanting to do for Lily.

The first thing I made was a car seat canopy. I have to say, I was pretty impressed with how it turned out. I am not known for my patience, but I took it slow and actually measured things instead of just eyeballing it and it turned out just how I envisioned it! I used this easy to follow tutorial.

IMG_5744 IMG_5743

The first thing Danny said when he saw it was, " That's nice, but can you make one that is not so girly?" I don't think he has come to terms with the fact that his life is going to be full of pink from now on!

The next project was a little harder and I had to break out my math skills. I made this ottoman to go in front of the chair in Lily's room.

IMG_5739

I used this tutorial but adjusted the dimensions a little bit to make it taller and wider. I stuffed the ottoman with the stuffing from three old pillows so I still need to work out some of the lumps. This project required lots of pinning and was a little more difficult because of the trim detail but I think it turned out all right and the ottoman serves its purpose (Danny thought it was going to be too squishy and not hold my feet up) so I am happy with it!

IMG_5740

 I am so happy that I got two big projects knocked off my to do list this weekend. Only 9 more weeks to go and so much to do!

2 comments: