Friday, February 14, 2014

Valentine's Day

Today was a really sweet day.

Lily and I woke up to presents that daddy left out for us before he left to work. He made us homemade cards and got us flowers and chocolates. Considering this is the guy who didn't get me anything for my first mother's day (holidays and gifts are not his specialty), I was pretty shocked that he was able to do anything for Valentine's Day especially since it isn't a holiday that is celebrated in Morocco. Such a sweetie!

 photo DSC06756_zps6c5eaabe.jpg
 photo DSC06760_zpsd45a43f1.jpg

Danny leaves for work way before Lily and I even wake up so he didn't get to join us for our special breakfast. We made my favorite pancakes and strawberry smoothies with fun heart shaped straws. Lily was a fan!

 photo photo-3_zpsaa2b8950.jpg
 photo DSC06746_zps11ebe076.jpg  photo photo-5_zps65424e75.jpg

Danny came home from work a little earlier than usual this evening so we got to make a quick trip out to the beach to watch the sunset. It was so nice and peaceful out there! There were very few people out and it was low tide so there was plenty of sand for Lily to run around on. She always has the best time at the beach.

 photo photo-6_zps99dc6424.jpg
 photo photo-7_zps4086402a.jpg  photo photo-9_zps7c796a13.jpg
 photo photo-8_zpsb0aee01f.jpg  photo photo-4_zpsa961ad8a.jpg

After the beach we came back home to make a yummy lamb chop dinner. We had never made them before but I found this recipe that uses harrisa which is a really common spicy spread/marinade type thing here in Morocco. I decided to try it out to make our Valentine's Day dinner a little bit more special than my normal 5 ingredient meals (cooking is not my specialty). They ended up being so easy to make and Danny devoured them.

 photo photo-2_zpsd8f10df9.jpg

Dinner was followed by a little Beauty and the Beast movie watching and snuggles with my sweeties.
post signature

2 comments:

  1. Daniel was really wanting lamp chops the other day and I didn't have a good recipe. I will have to try this one out! Great job making those gorgeous girls feel special Danny! ;)

    ReplyDelete