Monday, February 10, 2014

Relaxing Weekend

Another week has come and gone. I can't believe we have been living here for almost a month! This weekend was the most relaxing one we have had yet. Our air shipment came a couple of weeks ago so now that we have most of our kitchen supplies, bedding, and Lily necessities this place is starting to feel a little more like home.

Saturday morning we woke up and made the most delicious pancakes I have ever eaten in my entire life! I am no wizard in the kitchen so in America the pancakes I made were from a mix. I never attempted to make homemade ones because it was so easy to just pick up some shake and pour bisquick  and syrup from the grocery store. Here, I don't have that luxury so I had to find a recipe with ingredients that are available. I found this recipe for Strawberry Lemon Ricotta Pancakes on Pinterest. I figured it would work since I can find ricotta at the grocery store and strawberries are in season in Morocco right now and you make your own sauce to top them with so I wouldn't need syrup which they don't sell here.

AMAZING! These may be the best things I have ever eaten in my life. Danny doesn't even like breakfast food and he thought they were amazing too so I don't think it was just that I was craving american breakfast food. We made them again for breakfast on Sunday morning!

 photo DSC06739_zps0d700227.jpg

The pancakes really were the highlight of my weekend, but we did some other fun stuff too.

After breakfast we walked to the beach.


 photo photo-2copy_zps10953a9a.jpg
 photo photo-7copy_zps9ec4f0aa.jpg
 photo photo-6copy_zps9c682b4f.jpg

We walked down the boardwalk for quite a bit and then turned around and walked back towards home on the sand. It was a pretty great workout pushing that jogging stroller  in the wet sand. When we got back to the part of the beach closest to our house we let Lily out of her stroller so she could do her favorite thing, play in the sand.

Danny tried to build a sandcastle for Lily, but she was way more interested in smashing the towers as soon as Danny would get one up. So he moved on to burying Lily in the sand.

 photo photo-4copy_zpsf6ec40e3.jpg

 photo photo-3copy_zpsd017c5a8.jpg
 photo photo-5copy_zps0501cb14.jpg

We came home for a quick nap and showers before Ahmed picked us up to take us to his family's house for dinner. They live in a village about 20 minutes away from Agadir and made us some traditional Moroccan tangines for dinner. Ahmed's mom made a chicken tagine and a lamb one and they were by far the best we have had since we have lived here!

 photo photo-8_zps18a583cd.jpg
 photo photo-9_zps9587ecf0.jpg
 photo photo-10_zpsd3881ba7.jpg
 photo photo-2_zps5de1987c.jpg

Sunday morning we all slept in, ate more pancakes for breakfast and then Lily and I played outside when Danny left to work. She was really into the pebbles in the flower beds and walked back and forth from the flower beds to where I was sitting to hand me all the rocks she was collecting for about 45 minutes. It was a pretty nice way to keep her entertained while I worked on my tan.


 photo photo-6_zps10dbd530.jpg

 photo photo-4_zpsc0615819.jpg  photo photo-5_zps3e67f4b4.jpg

Lily and I have some more beach trips planned for this week and possibly a play date with a little friend for Lily and then a Valentine's weekend getaway to Essaouira!

post signature

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful weekend! Totally impressed with your pancake skills! :) enjoy your week & can't wait to hear about y'all's valentines weekend trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cuteness overload! Sounds like an awesome weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pancakes look great! I'm shocked you ate them with no traditional syrup ha! What sweet folks to have you guys for dinner :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its not possible for Lily to be any cuter than that last photo... at least until next week ;) I can't wait to try your pancake recipe they look like something I'm going to love and since Daniel isn't a big breakfast food guy either I hope this recipe will persuade him since I live for Saturday morning pancakes! Happy early Valentine's Day Tsukahara's!!!

    ReplyDelete