Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Copy Cat Anthro Bracelet

I am back with another copy cat jewelry project!

This time I decided to try making my own version of this bracelet from Anthropologie.

It looked like something I could easily do with my bake able molding clay and I was right! I didn't want to spend any money on this project so I just used the clay colors I had at home and this is what I came up with.

IMG_5608
IMG_5609

 I can't take all the credit for this project. All I did was roll my clay out. Danny took over from there and actually cut the shapes out for me. I just don't have the precision for stuff like that! He made little paper templates so they would be symmetrical where as I would have probably just eyeballed it and hoped for the best.

Making jewelry with clay is so easy and cheap. The little blocks of clay cost maybe $2 and once you get the shapes you want you just throw it all in the oven and bake it according to the directions on the package. Easy peasy!

No comments:

Post a Comment