Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Copy Cat Anthro Necklace

I saw this necklace from Anthropologie on Pinterest the other day and immediately thought "I am going to make that when I get home tonight".



As you know, I get into hobbies for a few months at a time. Last year I got into jewelry making for a couple of months so I had a stock pile of supplies at home. My mom would REALLY get into hobbies so I came home after Christmas with  tons and tons of beads and other random jewelry making supplies. One look at my inspiration picture and I knew I had everything I needed at home to make a really similar necklace .

After dinner Monday night I headed to the craft room to get started on my necklace and this I what I ended up with.

IMG_5604


Pretty close match right?!?!

I loved the raspberry colored beads in the Anthro necklace but the beads I had in that color hung vertically instead of horizontally so I couldn't use them. I was also making the necklace with the intention of wearing it to a wedding  this weekend and the dress I am planning on wearing is navy and cream so I added in some blue beads to tie it into my dress.

I was pretty pleased with my final product! I was even more pleased that it cost me nothing to make since I already had everything I needed at home and it got me itching to start making jewelry again!

1 comment: