Friday, June 1, 2012

Belly on a Budget

Sunday - Church, Errands, & a Cookout
Dress: TJMaxx, $12.99, regular size M

photo

I picked this dress up at TJMaxx about a month ago.I really liked all the colors for summer and it was a great price. I grabbed a medium instead of the small because the small looked like it was pretty short. It is nice and light weight so I didn't get hot running around all day in it. I also think it will make a great swim suit cover up in the future if it is too big for me to wear once I am not pregnant anymore!

Monday - Memorial Day

I spent the majority of my day in a swimsuit but I am not about to post that on the internet! For this summer I decided I needed a tankini top. I have a linea negra on my belly and am afraid that if I tan my belly the line won't go away so I am keeping it covered! I grabbed this swimsuit top in a medium at target a couple of months ago and just wear a black pair of swim suit bottoms I already had.

Tuesday - Work
Dress: Old Navy, $19.94, regular size XS

photo2

Just another little cotton dress that I picked up on a recent Old Navy excursion. I really need to stop going there because I always end up walking out with something that I don't necessarily need. I talked myself into this dress because you can always use another black dress in your closet and I would totally wear it after the baby comes.

Wednesday - Work and Rangers Game
Dress: Nordstrom Rack, about $20, regular size S

photo

I got this dress at Nordstrom Rack last year for the 4th of July (it has navy and white stripes). It has a tie around the waist so I can make it much more form fitting when I am not pregnant but I always just tie it in the back so you can't see it in this picture. Danny picked me up right after work today so we could head out to the Rangers game so I tried to wear something that would be both work and baseball game appropriate and in the team colors. Luckily my office is pretty casual, especially during the summer, so this dress worked.

Thursday - Work
Dress: Nordstrom Rack, $39.97(original price $118), regular size S
Cardigan: Really old

photo

I got this dress at Nordstrom Rack about a month ago to wear to a rehearsal dinner. I didn't get to go to that rehearsal dinner or wedding because of my grandfathers funeral so I decided to wear it to work today since I am having a baby shower! The dress looks so much cuter without a cardigan over it but I think it shows a little to much shoulder and back for work so I went ahead and put a cardi on.

Friday - Work
Tank: Old Navy, $8.50, regular size S
Cardigan: TJMaxx, about $8, regular size S
Bottoms: Target, Liz Lange Maternity, $24.99, maternity size XS

photo

Shorts to work? Yup, we can wear shorts to work on Fridays during the summer. These shorts are the only maternity shorts I have and I love them. They are a good length, the denim is nice and soft and the band that goes over the belly is really comfy. The tank is just something I picked up at Old Navy a couple of months ago because my old favorite white tank was starting to get yucky. I have about 5 white tank tops but this is one of my favorites because it is thin, lightweight and stretchy. The cardigan is similar to one I wore last week from TJMaxx but this one is a little thinner and has shorter sleeves. The picture totally changed the color of the cardi. It is actually coral pink with tan stripes. I like having these kinds of  cardigans in my closet because they make me feel a little more dressed up than just putting on a plain t shirt would but it is still just as comfortable and easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment