Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Weekend Recap

Three day weekends are the best. That extra day just totally rejuvenates me!

I started out the weekend Saturday morning with a Pure Barre class. Then, Danny and I headed out to the Farmer's Market. I didn't take any pictures but we got some great stuff! Two plants, strawberries, peaches, tomatoes, cilantro, and onions. Everything we got tasted so delicious! I think we will be frequenting the Farmer's Market a lot this summer.

Saturday night we headed out to have dinner at Bolsa with Kiki and Adam. We took advantage of the mixologist they have working there and had an Italian Affair, Blackberry Fizz and a Skinny Margarita. All delicious. The food also did not disappoint. Unfortunately, half way through dinner I somehow broke my sandal. I have always had a strange fear of my shoes breaking while I am in public and that night it happened. Luckily, it wasn't too noticeable!

Sunday morning we woke up bright and early and headed out to the Byron Nelson. It was HOT!!! After a few hours walking around following some golfers we were able to get into an air conditioned tent where we ate and drank for the rest of the day! That is the way to watch a golf tournament.


Monday morning we slept in, lounged around the house and just relaxed. Then we headed out to see the Hangover 2. Not as good as the first one and some parts were disturbing, but Bradley Cooper is a hottie so I didn't mind staring at him for a couple of hours.

After the movie we headed to a taco place on Henderson to have dinner. I am always trying to find tacos like the kind I get back home and I thought this place may be it. Ignore the bars on the windows, it was totally safe!

I had 4 tacos and Danny had a Gordita. The tacos were ok but definitely not as good as the ones I get in Brownsville. The Gordita on the other hand was soooo yummy! There was a different taco place next door to the one we ate at that is on my list for the future! Poor Danny has to eat Mexican food all the time!

All in all it was a great three day weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment