Sunday, July 24, 2011

A New Home For Jaws

Yesterday one of my dreams came true. We introduced Jaws (our pet turtle) to his new home!IMG_4877

I have had jaws as a pet for the past 7 years. He has been every where with me! He lived with me in two different places in College Station, he would travel home with me to Brownsville for holidays, he moved with me to Dallas and has lived with me at three different places here.

When we bought our house the thing on the top of my to do list was to build Jaws a pond to live in so he could get out of the aquarium he had been living in for far too long. After a year and half of being in this house, we finally got around to getting that pond built for Jaws.

Yesterday afternoon his new habitat was ready! Jaws finally got the home he deserved. Luckily, my sweet friend Tori happened to be at our house when we put him in his pond for the first time so we were able get a family picture to document the big day.

IMG_4844

IMG_4846

IMG_4850

Jaws shares his new home with 5 goldfish, two koi fish and some aquatic plants. So far he seems to be adjusting very well to his new environment and Danny and I could not be happier that Jaws is finally living in the type of space that he deserves!
IMG_4856

1 comment:

  1. Is it crazy that I started to tear up a little reading this post?! Soo happy for Jaws! He's been with you everywhere and I know he's going to love his new home! :)

    ReplyDelete