Wednesday, January 1, 2014

It's a New Year!

2014 has officially arrived! This year is going to bring about some huge changes for our little family. In 16 short days we will get on a plane to head to our new home in Morocco so it is the perfect time to set some new resolutions so we can make the most out of time abroad.

Resolution #1 - Be Adventurous

I guess it is pretty adventurous to be moving to Africa with a baby for 2 years, but that is just the beginning. I don't want to get to Morocco and stay safely tucked away behind the gates of our house. I want to make sure we really dig in and take advantage of the awesome gift we have been given. There are so many people to meet, foods to try, places to see, languages to learn!

Resolution #2 - Live with Less

This is a life goal that I fail horribly at every year! We have way more stuff than we will ever need. We need to live with less so we can give more to others.

Resolution #3 - Enjoy the Moment

 photo photo-2_zps9d9880d2.jpg

I am so guilty of always looking forward to the next big thing that I don't always enjoy what is going on today. I don't want to count down the days until our next vacation or the next big holiday. I don't want to rush Lily through life because I have a to do list that I am trying to get accomplished for the day. I want to go outside and smell flowers for an hour if that is what is on Lily's to do list. I want to be excited about whatever mediocre dinner I am making for my family that night and the conversations we will have while we eat it. I want to make every day special.

Happy 2014!
post signature

1 comment:

  1. I love these resolutions! I think we could all do more of these things!

    ReplyDelete