Monday, December 14, 2009

Whirlwind Weekend

This past weekend was amazing!!! I got to see all my favorite people in the entire world (minus my bro, dad and granddaddy), got to have an all weekend slumber party with Ash, Alexis and Erica, got tons of great gifts at the beautiful wedding shower and went to look at houses (one of which we bought!)

The festivities began Friday morning when I picked up my mom and grandma at the airport. I went to drop them off at my house and then rushed to work for the rest of the day. About 20 minutes after I got home that afternoon Ash and Danny arrived from Houston. They headed over to Shellie's to drop of stuff for the shower and my mom and I went to the grocery store to stock up on food for all the guests I was going to have that weekend and to pick up some dinner for everyone. We had our yummy Pei Wei and then hung out to wait for Alexis and Erica to call to be picked up from the airport. Turns out both of their flights got delayed but Alexis somehow managed to get on a flight from Harlingen to San Antonio which put her on the same flight as Erica to Dallas. Yay! Ash and I headed over to pick them up around 10:30 Friday night and came home for a slumber party just like old times! We talked and laughed and stayed up way too late.

The next morning Danny and I had to go to a work meeting for the entire day so everyone was left to fend for themselves. We got home and got everyone rounded up and headed to the Shower.

The girls did an amazing job! Shellie and Jon's backyard looked great, the food was delicious and they had so many special details spread around. Here are some pictures from that night (sorry I stole some pics from your blog Ash!).





Thanks for such a wonderful shower! You guys worked so hard and I couldn't ask for better friends! I love you guys mucho!

Sunday started out with my mom making my favorite breakfast ever. French toast and bacon. Yum! We also woke up to see that the White Rock Marathon was going right in front of my house! My crazy neighbors were out in lawn chairs with glasses of wine in hand by 9am to catch all the marathoners run by. We took Erica to the airport and then went to look at 6 houses. We had a crew with us since my mom, grandma and Alexis were all still with us. After the house hunt we took Alexis to the airport (if you are keeping count that is the third time I went to the airport in 2 days) and then went to Big Shucks for a late lunch. Then it was finally time to go home and rest a while before we had to get ready to go see A Christmas Carol which was great!

Whew! This week is going to be jam packed with even more fun! More to come on that later!

No comments:

Post a Comment