Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Mid Week Margs

For my birthday a couple of weeks ago, Katie made me some jalapeno infused tequila and I had to put it to use! She gave me an awesome recipe that called for blood orange juice but I could not find blood oranges so I had to find a different way to enjoy my tequila!

I came across a recipe for Cucumber Jalapeno Margarita's and gave it a try. It was super easy and refreshing!
How to: Cucumber Jalapeno Margarita's

You will need:
1/2 L. tequila blanco, 100 percent agave
3 jalapenos
1 cucumber
freshly squeezed lime juice
simple syrup*
lime wedges

1. Slice jalapenos and combine with tequila. Infuse the tequila with jalapenos for three days. Mine has been infusing for a couple of weeks so it had a pretty strong jalapeno flavor.

2. For the cucumber juice, peel the skin off, roughly chop the cucumber and blend it up in a food processor until nice and juicy.

3. To make one margarita, fill a cocktail shaker with ice and add 2 oz. jalapeno-infused tequila, 2 oz. cucumber juice, 1/2 oz. lime juice and 1/2 oz. simple syrup ( I used agave nectar). Shake and serve on the rocks in a glass rimmed with salt. Garnish with a lime wedge. Enjoy!!!

1 comment: