Friday, July 29, 2011

Food Truck Friday

Recently Dallas has started to get on board with the whole food truck thing and I couldn't be more excited! I have heard about them in New York and other big cites and they are apparently super popular in Austin but not so much in Dallas.

I really don't know what is so appealing to me about buying my food out of a truck but I am all about it so I have instituted what I like to call "Food Truck Fridays". Basically, Danny and I can only eat dinner from a food truck on Friday nights until we have been to all of the food trucks in Dallas. This shouldn't be too hard since they are really only 6 food trucks in Dallas. There could be more than that but they are pretty hard to find. A lot of them don't have websites and there is not one central website you can look at to see all food trucks out there. It is pretty much by word of mouth and some major internet digging that I find out about these places.

Food Truck Friday commenced last Friday when we went to Nammi Crusin Vietnamese Fusion. I don't think Danny was totally on board with the whole food truck thing, but after having Nammi last week, he is totally on board! It was so yummy. They sell traditional Vietnamese sandwiches called Banh Mi and Vietnamese tacos.

food truck

By the time we got there on Friday night they were already out of beef so we had a grilled pork sandwich, a bbq pork taco, a chicken taco and a glass of their basil mint lemonade making our total bill $14. The sandwich is 12 inches so we split that and each taco has an extra tortilla and has plenty of filling so we were able to make 4 tacos out of the 2 we purchased. Everything we ate was so good. It all had such great flavor and everything tasted so fresh! We will definitely be going back to Nammi in the future. I wish we would have taken pictures of our food, but we were too busy devouring it!

On the list for tonight is Jack's Chowhound. They don't have a website that tells you the schedule for the week so you have to follow them on facebook or twitter to get their location. Hopefully we have another successful night!


1 comment: