Monday, August 1, 2011

Stella & Dot Knock Off

I am going to a Stella and Dot Jewelry party later this week and was browsing their website to get an idea of some of the items I want to buy. While I was looking, I came across the Layla Stretch Bracelet and two things crossed my mind; Layla is a cute name and I could make that bracelet for way less than $34.

I did a quick internet search for some printable Michael's coupons and discovered that all beads were on sale for 50% off! Perfect! You seriously should never ever buy anything full price at that place because you can always find some sort of coupon or get lucky and have the item you need be on special that week.

I ran to the store and picked up my beads, a roll of .7mm clear Stretch Magic and some bead glue (used a 40% off coupon) which I needed for a different project but it came in super handy on this one as well.

Then I made the easiest bracelet ever made.

<span class=

Step one: Cut a strand of Stretch Magic

Step 2: String your beads on the Stretch Magic

Step 3: Tie a knot, put some bead glue on it, let dry, tie another knot, more glue, let dry

Done!

<span class=

I ended up getting beads to make two different types of bracelets and did a cost break out for both of them.

The grand total for the bracelet with the turquoise beads was $2.92 and the coral one was $3.05 which is more than a $30 savings over the Stella and Dot version!

Next up is another knock off bracelet that will save you over $250!!!

1 comment:

  1. ok STOP making these fab bracelets w/o me! haha. i need to get myself a michael's coupon and head over there.

    ReplyDelete