Monday, September 19, 2011

Freedom

Saturday afternoon we had an incident.

A certain green reptile escaped from his pond and was trying to break in our back door!





Danny was about to walk into the back yard when he noticed Jaws looking in at him through the glass! He has lived in the pond for about 2 months now and he has never gotten out but rain on Friday night made the water level in the pond really high and he was able to sneak out! We returned him to the pond and used a bucket to get some of the water out so he couldn't do it again.

Turns out once he got a taste of freedom he wanted more! I looked out our bedroom window on Sunday afternoon to make sure Jaws was still in the pond (I was paranoid and checking on him all day). I didn't see the stinker so I started scanning the yard and noticed him walking along the side of the fence between the flower beds. I have no idea how he was able to pull him self out of the pond again so I went back out and grabbed the bucket to pull more water out.

Rain storms last night filled the pond to the brim again, so I made sure to go pull water out last night before bed before he had a chance for another escape.

I am hoping when I get home from work today all the animals will be accounted for. I figure three things could have happened today:

1. The dogs were patrolling the yard so Jaws was too scared to climb out of the pond

2. Jaws got out and the dogs poked at him all day and gave him a turtle heart attack

3. Jaws found a way out of the yard and moved on to bigger and better things.

I am really hoping options 2 and 3 did not happen and my beloved turtle is safe and sound!

No comments:

Post a Comment