Monday, March 26, 2012

A Quick Trip Home

This weekend I took an impromptu trip home to see the family!

I flew in late on Friday night and left on Sunday evening but I got a lot accomplished in less than 48 hours.

The first thing I did when I got home was snuggle with this guy.

charlie1

Saturday morning my dad and I headed to our favorite breakfast place in all the world, Toddle Inn. I ate a giant breakfast taco and my dad of course had the huevos rancheros. Then, we made a quick stop at my grandma's house (dad's mom) before we left to Kingsville to see my mom's parents.

In Kingsville, I got to spend some time with my grandparents, see my aunts, a couple of cousins and my cousins kids who are the cutest almost 5 and 2 year old ever! That was a nice surprise since I didn't know they would be in town! My dad took off back home after a couple of hours but I stayed behind to go to church with my grandma and drove back later in the evening in my moms car since it had been in Kingsville for a few weeks. Of course I cried when I pulled out of the driveway because I hate leaving!

When I got back home that night my dad and I went out for some taquitos! Taquitos are probably in my top 5 favorite foods and they are the best in Brownsville! I wish I would have taken a picture, but I was too busy eating.

Sunday morning my dad left early to play golf with his friends (like he has been doing every Sunday morning for the past probably 15 years) and I slept in. When I woke up I did a little cleaning around the house for my dad and then got dressed and went out shopping! My mom and I used to go out shopping on Sunday mornings a lot. My dad was gone for hours golfing so we had time to go shop and get home and hide our goodies before he saw the bags!

Brownsville does not have the best shopping but I got lucky  and found a couple of great things for myself and for Lily! By the time I made it back home my dad was back from golfing so I did a fashion show for him with all of my purchases, haha! I am sure he loooves having to look at all sorts of girly stuff!

We ate a quick late lunch, I got a raspa (aka snow cone which is also on my list of top 5 favorite foods), and we headed to my grandma's house to visit for a little bit before I had to head for the airport.

raspa

On the way to the airport, my dad and I stopped at Baskin Robbins and shared a banana split (and I ate my own ice cream cone as well, whoops).

dad

Then it was time to say goodbye and head back home. I am always sad to leave, but I know I will be heading back in about a month so I won't have to wait too long to get my next fix of family, tacos, and raspas!




2 comments:

  1. bahahah, I'm loving that picture of your dad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I can pick a favorite out of these 3 photos! Ha! I love all 3 equally! :) Sounds like your daddy-o treated you and Lily to some yummy food! I think I'm craving a raspa now! I remember your mom took us to get one when we were down for your bridal shoot! It was so hot that weekend so they tasted extra good! :) Love you chica!

    ReplyDelete