Wednesday, June 13, 2012

2 Year Anniversary

Yesterday was our 2 year anniversary. I really can't believe that we have been married for 2 years already! Time is just flying by way too fast. Even though I am 28, I feel like I am too young to have been married for 2 years and have a baby on the way. It all sounds way too grown up!

There are a few traditions we try to keep every year. I think it is fun to try and get each other the traditional anniversary gift for the year (year 2 is cotton), drink out of the same champagne flutes we used at our wedding (this year we had to do sparkling grape juice of course) and take a family photo so we can see how much our little family has changed in a year.

What started it all - Proposal July 4, 2009

Proposal10

Wedding Day - June 12, 2010

IMG_5759-2 (2)

Six Month Anniversary - December 12,2010

IMG_4267 IMG_4270

One Year Anniversary - June 12, 2011

IMG_4722 IMG_4743 IMG_4771

Two Year Anniversary - June 12, 2012

IMG_5809 IMG_5821
The dogs were not cooperating with the self timer so this is the best we could get.
For gifts this year I kind of cheated a little bit because the main part of Danny's gift was not made of cotton but some of the smaller stuff was. I got him an autographed picture of Michael Young and then put together a Rangers goodie basket to go along with it that had a tshirt (cotton), cotton candy (cotton), peanuts, cracker jacks and sunflower seeds.

IMG_5839

Danny did a great job on my gift (despite the fact that he wrapped it in the A&M snuggie that I cover up with on the couch)! He had a picture from our honeymoon (where we are actually drinking champagne strangely enough) put on a big canvas.

IMG_5784 
IMG_5786

We also went out to dinner last night at the same place we had our very first date, Salum. This was the first time we had been back in 4 1/2 years and it was so fun to reminisce about that very first date! Danny even ordered flowers that he had delivered to the restaurant so they were sitting on the table waiting for us!

photo

I absolutely love being married to my best friend and I am so lucky that he chose me! 2 years down, a lifetime to go!

2 comments: