Saturday, June 23, 2012

Dallas Baby Shower

Last Saturday my best girlfriends threw an amazing baby shower for Lily, Danny and I! It was a relaxing few hours hanging out with our favorite friends, eating some yummy food, playing some fun games and opening adorable gifts for Lily. It was absolutely perfect!

Here we are excited for the party to start!
IMG_5851


Me with all the beautiful hostesses.
IMG_5847


I fogot to take a picture of the sign in table before it got converted to the dessert table but this is what our guests signed in on.

IMG_5901


How adorable is that?!?! Tori is so artistic and hand drew that tree! Once Lily makes her debut we will put her thumb print in that blank spot next to mine and Danny's thumbprint (right above the "Welcome Lily" banner) and Tori is going to turn our thumb prints into a little bird family! So cuuuute!

The flowers on the tables were all lilies in honor of the guest of honor!
IMG_5854


The boys at the party spent most of their time hanging out, drinking beer and playing Polish Golf which is a made up game that everyone seems to love! To get them in on some shower activities the girls set up a version of baby bottle flip cup. There were two teams racing to chug their beer out of a baby bottle. It was pretty hilarious to watch! Here are some action shots!

IMG_5856


Look at his awesome form!
IMG_5864


The winning team
IMG_5867 

After all that excitement, all the girls headed inside for present time! I love presents. I love getting them, I love giving them, I love sneaking around trying to find my presents, I love watching other people open presents, I love everything about presents!

We are so lucky and got some great gifts at the shower! We got bath stuff, diapers, wipes detergent, swaddle blankets, a humidfier, cute A&M gear, adorable Rangers outfits, a baby carrier and a moby wrap, new mommy essentials, precious outfits, a personalized Lily pillow, a mani/pedi gift certificate (momma needs a little pampering too), tons of books, sweet handmade gifts and more! I wish I would have taken a picture of all the gifts but of course I got antsy once I got home and openend everything so I could put it where it belonged!

Here are pictures of the homemade stuff so you can see just how talented these girls are!


Tori sewed Lily this adorable dress
IMG_5904

Tori's mom crocheted her this hat and blanket
IMG_5905


Kiki made Lily a quilt that matches her room. I can't even imagine how long it takes to make something like this! So special!
IMG_5906 IMG_5907

Kiki also made these blocks that spell out Lily. I sent her a picture of what I wanted not too long ago and gave her my leftover fabric from some other projects I had done in Lily's rooms and voila, personalized blocks for Lily! The girls used them for decoration at the shower and now they sit on the shelf in Lily's room.

IMG_5903


This wasn't actually homemade by one of the girls, but it was homemade by someone! Ashley got Lily this adorable pillow that spells out her name and is colorful and has little animals just like her room! 
IMG_5902

Then it was time for dessert (made by Katie and Tori) some more hanging out and some pictures under Lily's banner! I wish I would have gotten pictures of all of our guests but I kept losing my camera!

IMG_5868 IMG_5869

All the hostesses again
IMG_5886

My cute husband and I
IMG_5892

It was such a special and fun day for us and I am thankful to have such amazing friends who love us and our little Lily so much already!








1 comment: