Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Oh Baby Baby - week 38

38 weeks

How Far Along? 38 weeks…only 2 weeks to go (14 days). I have no idea how it is possible to only have 14 days to go!!! Ahhh!!!

Size of Baby?  Baby is the size of a pumpkin and now weighs about 6.2 to 9.2 pounds and is about 18.9 to 20.9 inches long.

Maternity Clothes?  Still just using the few maternity items I have. Almost all tops and dresses are still my pre preggo stuff.  Thank goodness I only have 2 weeks to go because I am running out of tops that fit!

Weight Gain? I was up to 20 lbs at my last doctors appointment.

Gender? Girl! Liliana Adele.

Sleep? Sleep is still really good. My problem is I am so cozy in bed that I don’t want to get up in the mornings!
Food Cravings? Still just fruit and sweet treats!

What I Miss? Being able to bend over easily, not bumping into things with my belly and being able to get out of bed easily.

Symptoms?  I actually still feel really great. I am starting to feel a lot more pressure down low when I go from sitting to standing and I get a little crampy sometimes. One of my more disgusting symptoms in the past couple of weeks has been gas. My stomach makes all kinds of noises all day long at work. When I get home and “let it all out” it is so stinky that even my husband is grossed out! I always blame the stinky gas on being pregnant so I hope it goes away once Lily is born. If not, I guess I can always blame the stinky smells on the baby. I have also been getting a shooting pain in my inner thigh depending on the way I am standing. I learned today that it is called "lightning crotch" (awesome name). Apparently, the baby is sitting so low in my pelvis that she is pushing on nerves. Haha, lightning crotch, so funny!
Belly Button? Out
Best Moment of the Week? Just knowing that we are so close to meeting this little lady! We even put the car seat bases in the car so we are ready for Lily to come at any time!

1 comment: