Sunday, February 28, 2010

Room Reveal - Guest Bedroom and Bathroom

Time to see the guest bedroom and bathroom!
The house has three guest bedrooms but this is the only one that we are using as an actual bedroom. One of the other guest rooms is my craft room and the other one is going to be Danny's office at some point.

This bedroom started off an awful pinkish purple color so we painted it a neutral color called White Sand by Benjamin Moore. Being the cheap-o that I am, I took the Benjamin Moore paint swatch to Lowe's and they color matched it for me using Valspar paint which is only about $23 a gallon.

Before:
After:



As you can see, Jaws the turtle still lives in the guestroom. Once we get a chance to work on the backyard Jaws will have a new pond to call home!

The guest bathroom was actually a pretty nice subdued shade of green and after painting the craft room, the master bedroom and the guest room, I didn't have it in me to paint anything else so I decided the green would work! The tile in this bathroom is a little retro, but it was in good shape so we decided to leave it for now. All we had to do to spruce this room up was change out the mirror to something that was framed, change the light fixture and put in some accessories.

Before:


After:




Up next, the master bedroom!


No comments:

Post a Comment