Monday, March 8, 2010

Almost There!

Today is a big day for us at Casa de Tsukahara (I know we aren't married yet, but whatever). As I type this, the granite counter tops are being installed in the kitchen! I cannot wait to go home to see the little beauties!

I am losing count of how many weeks we have been in the house ( I think this is the start of the sixth week), and I was seriously about to have a meltdown this weekend because the kitchen was not ready. It still won't be ready just because the counter tops are in, but this is major progress people! Now all the we have to do to get the kitchen completed is do the back splash (this could be a disaster or the ultimate money saver since we are doing it ourselves), paint, finish the cabinet doors, and get the plumber to come out so we can get gas in the kitchen and use the stove. Hopefully we can have it all done in the next two weeks. I am getting pretty tired of eating cereal for dinner every night!

In other house related news (sorry, I really don't have anything else exciting going on in my life right now), this weekend I painted Danny's office and the kitchen table and chairs. I am not sure how we ended in up with gray paint (we thought we were getting a brownish color) but I am glad we did because the room looks pretty nice. The paint color is called Empire and it is from Lowe's. Speaking of paint from Lowe's, I think I have decided that I like the Behr paint from Home Depot better than the Valspar paint at Lowe's. I just don't think that the Valspar paint covers as well. Anyway, I got off track. I will post the finished product once we get his desk set up and our diplomas on the wall.

Here is our progress so far -
Guestroom - DONE
Guest bathroom - DONE
Craft room - DONE
Master bedroom - need headboard to complete
Danny's office - need to get furniture in and setup
Living room - needs accessories
Kitchen - almost done
Formal living and dining room - not started
Man room - not started
Backyard - not started
Master bathroom - not started

As you can see we are making pretty good progress for only being in the house for 6 weeks but we still have a lot more to go!

Hopefully I will have a finished kitchen to show you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment